Which Download Should I Use?
Word File with Outlines
Recommended for new Word users. Outline background image allows you to add images, text boxes and shapes over the image. Delete the background image before printing.
Word File with a Table
Tables with the margins and label dimensions are included on the page. The tables are usually hidden when opening- just show the gridlines using the instructions included in the file.
For those using design software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.
More Template Types
|Apple Pages Template|
|Open Office Template|
|Template JPG file|
Labels Size: 2.5 x 2.5 inches
Top/Bottom Margin: 0.579"
Left/Right Margin: 0.343"
Horizontal Margin Between: 0.25"
Vertical Margin Between: 0.03125"
|White 5 pack (60 labels)||B00YLCPSLY||634301206399|
|White 10 pack (120 labels)||B07938Y91F||---|
|Kraft 5 pack (60 labels)||B00YLD1QVY||634301206382|
|Clear Gloss 5 pack (60 labels)||B01MRFYSB5||646412942615|
Dimensions and More Information
|12 Labels Per Sheet|
|Top Margin:||0.579"||Bottom Margin:||0.579"|
|Left Margin:||0.343"||Right Margin:||0.343"|
|Horizontal Spacing:||0.25"||Vertical Spacing:||0.0312"|
|Horizontal Pitch:||2.6875"||Vertical Pitch:||
1. Downloading Your Label Template
You can choose between downloading our Microsoft Word templates or PDF.
Microsoft Word with Outlines: (recommend for beginners) Quickly add your text and images to your hang tags using the Microsoft word template with outlines. Each template comes loaded with a table that includes the perfect margins.
Additionally, we have added images that show the outline of the hang tag so you can design with ease. Just delete the images before printing.
Microsoft Word with Tables: Add your custom designs and text to these templates using our custom table that shows you the guidelines of where the hang tags appear on the page.
PDF: These files are perfect for Adobe software users. Just open the file in any Photoshop or Illustrator program. Use the file as your background while designing and just hide the layer before printing.
Designing A Perfect Labels
All printers are slightly different, these lines will help ensure that your design prints consistently.
1. Bleed: Creating a label with a color background, it is best to extend the design 0.25 inches past the actual label size. Note that this area will be trimmed in printing.
2. Trim: This is the actual size of the label - it helps to align your tag design so that everything falls inside neatly.
3. Safe Zone: Make sure that all vital information falls within .25 inches of the trim line. This will allow room to move as your tags print.
4. Adding a Border: To create a consistent border, it it is best to create a border that is 3/8 inches from the bleed line.
Have a small issue with an image, text or design in your Word document?
3. Printing Your Hang Tags
Lining Things Up
Firstly, we recommend printing your hang tags on a blank sheet of paper. As all printers are slightly different, this allows you to see if there are any minor adjustments to the layout- so your design perfectly aligns to your hang tags.
Either hold the color print over the label or use an razor knife to cut out your label.
You can adjust your hang tags using the Margin tools in your software or nudging each design manually.
Highest Quality Printing
Once you have aligned your labels, now it is time to check your printer settings to make sure you are printing using the highest quality your printer can handle.
Each printer setting menu is vastly different, but we can tell you that any "premium paper" setting is generally the best.
Optimal Printer Settings
- In advanced printer settings you can adjust for the different media types you might put through the printer. When you hit print, find the "paper type" or "media type" box and select premium paper (or experiment with the many media settings for best results)
- To prevent bleeding: turn down your ink volume. When you hit 'print', select the advanced features (you may have to look under different tabs to find this, it's different on every printer) -under the 'advanced settings, you should be able to turn down your ink volume resulting is a better-quality waterproof label.